Auto insurance has become more dynamic in recent years. Carriers are providing more new discounts than ever before. Empire Insurance Network provides matchless results on auto insurance by having a large collection of companies to choose from. This helps us pinpoint the right company and coverage for you.
What is Auto Insurance?
Auto insurance provides financial protection against physical damage and/or bodily injury resulting from traffic collisions and against liability that could also arise therefrom.
Auto insurance may also offers financial protection against theft of the vehicle and damage to the vehicle, sustained from things other than traffic collisions.
Auto Insurance Coverages
There are basically six different types of coverages. Some may be required by law. Others are optional. They are:
• Bodily injury liability - for injuries the policyholder causes to someone else.
• Medical payments or Personal Injury Protection (PIP) - for treatment of injuries to the driver and passengers of the policyholder’s car.
• Property damage liability - for damage the policyholder causes to someone else’s property.
• Collision - for damage to the policyholder’s car from a collision.
• Comprehensive - for damage to the policyholder’s car not involving a collision with another car (including damage from fire, explosions, earthquakes, floods, and riots), and theft.
• Uninsured motorists coverage - for costs resulting from an accident involving a hit-and-run driver or a driver who does not have insurance.